Motorola A920 facts|
The first Symbian OS UIQ smartphone for 3G networks. Modern and technically advanced, with several unique features like e.g. A-GPS support. At the same time, seriously crippled by its manufacturers by the certification mechanism allowing only certified applications to be installed and run and by restricting its availability only to "Three" operated networks. Bluetooth hardware and Infrared port, although present, are disabled. The A920 can be upgraded to A925 by reflashing the firmware.
UIQ is a customizable pen-based user interface platform for media-rich mobile phones based on Symbian OS. UIQ offers users enchanting interaction through its pen-based user interface and large display. It is designed to offer easy access to the wide variety of data services in 2.5 and 3G networks. UIQ phones use large, touch sensitive screens (208-240*320 pixels, 12 or 16-bit color). The latest UIQ 2.1 release brings advanced UI personalisation with Themes, Java MIDP 2.0 and enhanced multimedia and network support.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION - MOTOROLA A920
- Product name: Motorola A920 Communicator
- Dimensions: 60 x 148 x 24 mm
- Weight: 212 g
- System: E-GSM 900, GSM 1800/1900, 3G UMTS 2100 MHz
- Antenna: external
- Operating system: Symbian OS v7.0 with UIQ 2.0 User Interface
- Processor: 32-bit RISC based on ARM9 core
- Internal user storage memory: 8 MB
- External storage: MMC (MultiMedia) or SD (Secure Digital) memory card (32 MB supplied, up to 256 MB supported)
- Talk time: up to 1,5 hours
- Video calls: up to 1 hour
- Standby time: up to 70 hours
- Data transmission: GPRS and 3G
- Screen type: TFT, touch sensitive, anti-reflective
- Display size: 208x320 pixels, 41x62 mm
- Pixel size: 0,192 mm
- Colour resolution: 16 bit, 65,536 colors
- Keypad: no hardware phone keypad. Five way control key and game buttons available.
- Third party application support: C++, Personal Java, Java MIDP / CLCD 1.0, MobileVB. Only "3" certified applications allowed to install and run.
- Handsfree options: Built-in speakerphone, Portable handsfree, Headset
- Picture phone book: Picture of contact when making outgoing call, Picture of caller when incoming call CLI matches entry in Contacts
- Video calls: Live video over 3G network
- Personal ringtones: Sound clips as personal ringtones and alerts: AMR, AU, iMelody, MIDI, RMF (Beatnik), WAV and MP3
- Voice control: Voice dialling, Voice answering
- Contacts (address book)
- Calendar (Diary)
- Tasks ("To-Do" list)
- Jotter (Text and "ink" notes)
- Voice Memo (Dictaphone)
- Time (World Clock)
- Video Player
- Audio Player
- Opera WWW browser
- Messaging/email client
- Still image size: 640x480 (VGA)
- Color depth: 24-bit (16,7 million colors)
- Video size: QCIF
- Video: streaming and playback. Video calling.
- Audio: streaming and playback. Audio player. Voice recorder.
- Games: Wide-screen games.
- Connectivity: USB
- Synchronization: OTA provisioning
- Built-in AGPS (Assisted Global Positioning System) for location-based services