Technology that brings the true convenience of handwriting to phones. Decuma Alphabetic from Zi Corporation, the developer of the eZiTap FEP
, is a powerful handwriting recognition software package for US and Western European characters, modeled closely after actual writing. A single input area is used for writing and presenting recognized letters, and for editing the text. This makes input natural and fast, and allows you to focus on the content rather than the writing.
You don't have to learn a certain writing style or special alphabet. Uppercase and lowercase characters, digits, punctuation marks and special symbols, as well as accented characters, can be mixed in the same input mode.
Editing is done directly in the input area using intuitive gestures to delete and insert one or several characters. Simply overwrite misinterpreted characters. Add shortcuts for convenient input for frequently written words and phrases.
- Decuma alphabetic recognizes a broad range of entries - all within the same input screen.
- Automatic multi-lingual alphabetic language support
- Recognizes 15 languages with a variety of writing styles
- Including language-specific characters
- No mode changes between languages
- Case-sensitive input (upper case, lowercase)
- Special symbols
- Multi-letter entry
- Capability to enter single letters or multiple letters for fast recognition
- Decuma Alphabetic currently supports Albanian, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic, Irish, Italian, Luxembourgish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish characters as well as different writing styles in these languages.
- The software is compatible with Sony Ericsson P800/P900/P910 devices.
Intuitive user interface: The unique, patented graphical user interface enables rapidly intuitive input, using a single input area for multiple functions - writing, presenting recognized letters, editing and correcting text. The user interface can be moved around the screen and collapses for easy access to the whole screen. It also includes a menu for easy access to Setup, Help and a Demo.
Easy editing with natural gestures: Edit directly in the input area by using natural and intuitive gestures to:
Delete one or several characters: Insert spaces or missing characters with one simple gesture. Replace misinterpreted characters simply by overwriting them
Personalization of unique entry: User-defined characters and symbols are recognized immediately after input and can be used to improve the recognition of specific characters, or to shorten the writing of frequently used words and phrases.
Capturing your hand naturally with:
- High recognition accuracy
- Intuitive user interfaces
- Recognition of all writing systems and styles
- Personalization of unique entry.