Pdf+ (for Series 80 Communicators) is a viewer for Portable Document Format (PDF) documents. You get all the functions you'd expect, such as displaying specific pages, searching, zooming, full screen mode and displaying and following bookmarks and links. Shortcuts give quick access to most functions. The built-in help text explains the use of the program in detail.
You can open password-protected files, and files encrypted with 40 and 128 bits Standard encryption. Pdf+ also remembers the last 10 files you have opened. You can save your favourite view settings, and you can select which font will be used for standard PDF fonts.
Pdf+ can display PDF documents in most languages. For displaying certain Simplified and Traditional Chinese documents you can install a plugin. You can also print a document, either all the pages, the current page or a range of pages.
Pdf+ is a native viewer. There is no need to convert a PDF document with your PC to a proprietary format, saving you much time, money and hassle. You can therefore send PDF documents using E-mail, Infrared and Bluetooth, and you can read PDF documents attached to E-mails or downloaded from the Web.
- Pdf+ (for Series 80 Smartphones and Communicators) can display a large number of PDF 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 files. Pdf+ silently ignores some unimplemented features and non-conforming PDF files, it will complain about other unimplemented features and non-conforming PDF files. Pdf+ is designed especially for Smartphones and Communicators. As these devices are still less powerful than desktop computers, some less-often used PDF constructs are not available.
- Pdf+ can display text in almost any language, in particular when the font used has been embedded. Otherwise, Pdf+ will use the installed fonts to display text. This will only succeed when a ToUnicode translation table has been embedded in the document and when the substituted font contain the used characters.
- For Simplified and Traditional Chinese documents using Type 0 fonts, you need to install the optional Simplified and Traditional Chinese extensions during installation. Documents using Japanese and Korean Type 0 fonts cannot be read at this time.
- For non-Unicode encodings, if the ToUnicode translation table is available, the text can also be searched successfully.
- Pdf+ can only display the complete Symbol and Zapf Dingbats fonts if you have the appropriate font files installed on your device. The built-in fonts only contain some Symbol characters, and none of the Zapf Dingbat characters.
Pdf+ doesn't handle the dynamic content of a PDF file, and it cannot render Type 3 fonts.
- Even though the quality of the printout is very good, printing itself is a bit slow. Printing also uses a lot of memory and will fail occasionally because of that. The Bluetooth connection in particular is rather fussy. We do not recommend printing those documents that also take a lot of time to render to the screen.