MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
A way to start a BT connection from the P800

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 2.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bub

PostPosted: Thursday, 11.Sep.2003 19:01    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

thanks Paul that did the trick!! Sorry I didn't read the whole topic (stopped half way).
martin-brockhus
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

PostPosted: Monday, 06.Oct.2003 15:06    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Hi there!
Can u help me out with this?
Installation of P800 proximity connector report some out of date window (2000) files en offers to replace them after reboot. Machine reboots however the same message window reapperars?

TNX
themis_20
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 30.Oct.2003 11:10    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I have installed proximity connector and the other stuff but when it connects after a few seconds or a minute it disconnects by its self! anyone knows what is going wrong! also from widcomm software i cannot establish a serial connection for the same reason! plz help
thanks in advance!
themis_20
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 31.Oct.2003 11:06    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Will anyone help me?
wahid
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 25.Feb.2004 10:20    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Can anybody confirm whether proximity connector works for P900? i had P800 and it worked great but with the new P900 it doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.
Talon
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P900

PostPosted: Sunday, 21.Mar.2004 08:57    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

wahid - it works fine with my P900.
whozayfar
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: SE P900

PostPosted: Wednesday, 05.May.2004 22:08    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I need HELP! The proximity connecctor works fine for me, I had to update my drivers to get it to work with bt spy lite though. but now i have a new problem, the bluetooth freezes and the phone crashes,i cant toggle it off or on it stays on and the phone stops responding, i have to remove the battery, please help me ephebe what is causing this because it only happens when i connect with proximity connector. Thanks
earthworm
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P800

PostPosted: Thursday, 06.May.2004 16:16    Post subject: Phone not connecting :-(   Reply with quote   

I'm using Widcomm software version 1.4.3 build 4
I've followed your instructions to the letter on your website but have been unable to get my pc to connect to my phone. I've also tried using your proximity installer setup.exe. Do you know if there is an incompatibility with this software version?
Whuzz
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 10.Jun.2004 12:42    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I'm having problems with Prox. Connector using up too much resources.
During the day the logfile from Server Spy will grow larger and the bigger it gets the longer it takes Prox. Connector to search it. Eventually it reaches a point where it seems to take minutes for PC to search the logfile and when it does it creates a 100% CPU occupancy. At that point the program doesn't respond to anything and I have to wait for the search to end before I can close it down...
Slows down the entire computer Sad

Is there anyway to prevent the logfile from getting too big? I already have "Append to file" disabled, so every time Serverspy starts up it creats a blank file, but after some hours the logfile will get too big no matter what.
Wouldn't it be possible to create a Server-Spy and Prox. Connector in one program? Then it wouldn't really need a logfile, since all of that could happen internally...

Small update:
Actually it doesn't seem to be a log-file-size problem, but a time-based problem. When Prox. Connector gets slow and I close and restart it, it will work fine again, while the log-size remains the same...
The program seems te get slower from the moment you start it it and after about 15 - 20 minutes it gets noticably slow and will take 30-secs to a minute to read the log-file...
Whuzz
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 10.Jun.2004 16:41    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

New update: There seems to be a memory leak in the program? After 3 hours of running it takes op over 30MB of RAM... seems a bit much for such a small program. Also, after this time the program is slowed down to such extend that it doesn't seem to work or respond to anything anymore... Sad

Edit:
Just for the database:
Problem solved. Download the OCX that is mentioned before. I already had that file, but on the net I stumbled in to an article that mentioned that some of the OCX files leak memory. The file from the page given earlier seems to work fine though. Smile
hungryhippo6
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: 7710

PostPosted: Thursday, 19.Aug.2004 10:41    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Is there any way to run Proximity connector on XP SP2 drivers? They work just fine (PC suite, Bemused) but with Widcomm stack I have many problems (but maybe beause I'm BT newbie Smile ). I use MSI pc2pc 6967 dongle on winxp sp2.
zachetus
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P800, N6600, N7710

PostPosted: Wednesday, 24.Nov.2004 15:14    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

hmm, it seems that my btserver spy lite doesn't log anything at my windows xp sp2 , bluetooth is working fine. Can somebody confirm that btserver spy lite should or should not work with sp2 ?
Duwamish
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P800, P990

PostPosted: Wednesday, 24.Nov.2004 22:17    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

XP SP2 Has built in (but significantly different) bluetooth support. I haven't tried the Widcomm drivers with SP2, I used the ones that come with SP2 for my MSI BT dongle. To connect you have to get the computer to scan for devices (and locate your phone) and then double click on COM3 in the connection manager to initiate a connection.

Instructions on how to use MSI BT dongle with SP2 (although might work nativly now MSI have released new drivers) - just in case someone finds this useful (I carry these instructions round on my P800 with my dongle so I can connect my phone to uni computers Cool )

1. Add the following to c:\windows\inf\bth.inf after the [] bit
[Cambridge.NT.5.1]
MSI Bluetooth= BthUsb, USB\Vid_0db0&Pid_1967
2. Delete c:\windows\inf\bth.PNF

3. Install dongle!

Something tells me though (and I'm not saying that I'm not interested) that people are gonna want something that works with the SP2 drivers? Unless the Widcomm works fine, in which case I'll shut up Razz
Eepo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: E90, P910i

PostPosted: Wednesday, 19.Jan.2005 02:16    Post subject: GnuBox   Reply with quote   

GnuBox on P800, P900 and P910
Jaix
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: SE P990i,Nokia 6600

PostPosted: Monday, 04.Feb.2008 15:02    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The site http://gnubox.dnsalias.org/gnubox/ is down by some reason, is there someone who can mail me this software: gnubox gnubox_p900.sis or give me a link to another place where it can be found, please!?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 2.x All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic