MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Need help with Nokia 700 mail accounts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian ^3, Anna & Belle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pantxo
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: Lumia 925, Nokia 700

PostPosted: Wednesday, 25.Nov.2015 04:07    Post subject: Need help with Nokia 700 mail accounts   Reply with quote   

Hello everyone

My first post, sorry for my english

I recently bricked my Lumia 925 and it might take a while to get fixed if it does at all, so in the meantime I´m using a Nokia 700 with Symbian^3.

I´m really liking the 700, and I´m considering it as my daily driver since I really like its form factor and its software. I´m not much of an app freak (at least not since using this phone) but I really need some things to work.

Two things mainly:

1. Need to be able to send/receive emails and sync contacts with an @outlook.com account

2. Need to be able to send/receive emails, sync contacts and sync calendar with an @gmail.com account

Now, I managed to create an @outlook.com account that would let me send/receive emails as well as sync calendar (but no contacts) as an Exchange ActiveSync account and on the other hand create a Gmail account that would just receive mails (but not send them nor sync anything)

So, since what I really need to be synced is my google calendar, I went the opposite way and used Exchange ActiveSync with my gmail account and used "Other" for the outlook account.

The results now are I can send/receive mails with the Outlook account (calendar and contacts don´t sync) and with the gmail account nothing happens: won´t send/receive emails, nor sync anything.

I really want to keep and use this phone, but I need these things to work like a charm in order to.

Is there any way or tutorial somewhere that can help me with this. I´ve spent hours searching the internet (that´s how I got some things to work) but can´t get it right all the way.

Thank you very much for the help.
ABCDKE
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
4 in 4 posts
Thanks given: 26

Phone: Xperia X Compact

PostPosted: Friday, 27.Nov.2015 18:22    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

About the calendar: there is a solution, called NuevoSync, costs, if i remember correctly, 15$/month
EDIT: It's NuevaSync, and costs 15$ per YEAR.
traxx
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
3 in 3 posts
Thanks given: 3

Phone: Nokia N8, Blackberry Z10

PostPosted: Friday, 27.Nov.2015 18:27    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

This topic could probably solve your issue as it is related. Just read the whole topic post http://my-symbian.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44992
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian ^3, Anna & Belle All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic