MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Walkman Mod app

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plevyadophy
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 9

Phone: P800, P910i, Nok 9300, P990i

PostPosted: Saturday, 08.Jan.2011 16:12    Post subject: Walkman Mod app   Reply with quote   

Can anyone tell me:

( 1 ) whether the installation of the Walkman Player Mod means that it will become the sole audio player on my device ( Sony Ericsson P990i ) or whether it will install alongside the existing Audio Player?

( 2 ) If it becomes the sole audio player will it too have an option to play audio recordings made by Recording app?

( 3 ) Does this Walkman Player play the same audio file types as the standard pre-installed audio player?

( 4 ) What's so good about this Walkman Player, what benefits does it have over the pre-installed audio player?

Thanks in advance,

plevyadophy
pvanbeek
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
2 in 2 posts
Thanks given: 77

Phone: N9 N900 formerly P990i, P800 6600

PostPosted: Sunday, 09.Jan.2011 15:32    Post subject: Re: Walkman Mod app   Reply with quote   

plevyadophy wrote:
Can anyone tell me:

( 1 ) whether the installation of the Walkman Player Mod means that it will become the sole audio player on my device ( Sony Ericsson P990i ) or whether it will install alongside the existing Audio Player?

IIRC its a seperate app so it install's alongside - if you click on a media file in file manager the default player opens - UNLESS you already have walkman open.
Quote:
( 2 ) If it becomes the sole audio player will it too have an option to play audio recordings made by Recording app?

N/A if my answer to 1) is correct but its been a long time since I lost my P990i
Quote:
( 3 ) Does this Walkman Player play the same audio file types as the standard pre-installed audio player?

AFAIK it supports all these plus some more - seem to recall standard player not supporting songs ripped with itunes (aac) but walkman supports them
Quote:
( 4 ) What's so good about this Walkman Player, what benefits does it have over the pre-installed audio player?

Better UI, Better equaliser, More supported file formats

Quote:
Thanks in advance,

plevyadophy
plevyadophy
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 11.Jan.2011 03:58    Post subject: Re: Walkman Mod app   Reply with quote   

pvanbeek wrote:
plevyadophy wrote:
Can anyone tell me:

IIRC its a seperate app so it install's alongside - if you click on a media file in file manager the default player opens - UNLESS you already have walkman open.
Quote:

N/A if my answer to 1) is correct but its been a long time since I lost my P990i
Quote:

AFAIK it supports all these plus some more - seem to recall standard player not supporting songs ripped with itunes (aac) but walkman supports them
Quote:

Better UI, Better equaliser, More supported file formats

Quote:
Thanks in advance,

plevyadophy

Thanks,

Just a few more questions:

( 1 ) Is the "superior" equaliser just a visual/information thing or is the equaliser actually adjustable to suit one's own sound output tastes?

( 2 ) Does the Walkman app provide better or louder output?

( 3 ) And does it provide things like saved playlists?

Thanks in advance

plevyadophy
pvanbeek
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
2 in 2 posts
Thanks given: 77

Phone: N9 N900 formerly P990i, P800 6600

PostPosted: Tuesday, 11.Jan.2011 23:23    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Hi, Its been a long time - so bear in mind this might not be strictly acurate about the walkman mod

1) The equaliser changes volume at different frequencies. I think the equaliser is a series of presets just more than the standard player - there is a visualiser too.

2) There is a seperate mod to boost volume

3) I think so

Your best bet is to find a review of the SE W950 as this is the source of the walkman mod! - try:

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w950-review-111p4.php
plevyadophy
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 12.Jan.2011 05:00    Post subject: Thanks   Reply with quote   

pvanbeek wrote:
Hi, Its been a long time - so bear in mind this might not be strictly acurate about the walkman mod

1) The equaliser changes volume at different frequencies. I think the equaliser is a series of presets just more than the standard player - there is a visualiser too.

2) There is a seperate mod to boost volume

3) I think so

Your best bet is to find a review of the SE W950 as this is the source of the walkman mod! - try:

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w950-review-111p4.php

Thanks for your help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic