SYMBIAN OS SECTION
  -My-Symbian.com-
MAEMO  SECTION
-My-Maemo.com-
MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT


My-Symbian.com Forums

 
My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999
 
 Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Walkman Mod app

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
plevyadophy
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Please add your avatar!

Joined: 26 Jul 2003

Posts: 537

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 9

Location: London
Phone: P800, P910i, Nok 9300, P990i

PostPosted: Saturday, 08.Jan.2011 16:12    Post subject: Walkman Mod app   Reply with quote   

Can anyone tell me:

( 1 ) whether the installation of the Walkman Player Mod means that it will become the sole audio player on my device ( Sony Ericsson P990i ) or whether it will install alongside the existing Audio Player?

( 2 ) If it becomes the sole audio player will it too have an option to play audio recordings made by Recording app?

( 3 ) Does this Walkman Player play the same audio file types as the standard pre-installed audio player?

( 4 ) What's so good about this Walkman Player, what benefits does it have over the pre-installed audio player?


Thanks in advance,


plevyadophy
Back to top
pvanbeek
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Joined: 21 Mar 2007

Posts: 200

Thanks received:
2 in 2 posts
Thanks given: 77


Phone: N9 N900 formerly P990i, P800 6600

PostPosted: Sunday, 09.Jan.2011 15:32    Post subject: Re: Walkman Mod app   Reply with quote   

plevyadophy wrote:
Can anyone tell me:

( 1 ) whether the installation of the Walkman Player Mod means that it will become the sole audio player on my device ( Sony Ericsson P990i ) or whether it will install alongside the existing Audio Player?

IIRC its a seperate app so it install's alongside - if you click on a media file in file manager the default player opens - UNLESS you already have walkman open.
Quote:
( 2 ) If it becomes the sole audio player will it too have an option to play audio recordings made by Recording app?

N/A if my answer to 1) is correct but its been a long time since I lost my P990i
Quote:
( 3 ) Does this Walkman Player play the same audio file types as the standard pre-installed audio player?

AFAIK it supports all these plus some more - seem to recall standard player not supporting songs ripped with itunes (aac) but walkman supports them
Quote:
( 4 ) What's so good about this Walkman Player, what benefits does it have over the pre-installed audio player?

Better UI, Better equaliser, More supported file formats


Quote:
Thanks in advance,


plevyadophy
Back to top
plevyadophy
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Please add your avatar!

Joined: 26 Jul 2003

Posts: 537

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 9

Location: London
Phone: P800, P910i, Nok 9300, P990i

PostPosted: Tuesday, 11.Jan.2011 03:58    Post subject: Re: Walkman Mod app   Reply with quote   

pvanbeek wrote:
plevyadophy wrote:
Can anyone tell me:

( 1 ) whether the installation of the Walkman Player Mod means that it will become the sole audio player on my device ( Sony Ericsson P990i ) or whether it will install alongside the existing Audio Player?

IIRC its a seperate app so it install's alongside - if you click on a media file in file manager the default player opens - UNLESS you already have walkman open.
Quote:
( 2 ) If it becomes the sole audio player will it too have an option to play audio recordings made by Recording app?

N/A if my answer to 1) is correct but its been a long time since I lost my P990i
Quote:
( 3 ) Does this Walkman Player play the same audio file types as the standard pre-installed audio player?

AFAIK it supports all these plus some more - seem to recall standard player not supporting songs ripped with itunes (aac) but walkman supports them
Quote:
( 4 ) What's so good about this Walkman Player, what benefits does it have over the pre-installed audio player?

Better UI, Better equaliser, More supported file formats


Quote:
Thanks in advance,


plevyadophy


Thanks,

Just a few more questions:

( 1 ) Is the "superior" equaliser just a visual/information thing or is the equaliser actually adjustable to suit one's own sound output tastes?

( 2 ) Does the Walkman app provide better or louder output?

( 3 ) And does it provide things like saved playlists?

Thanks in advance


plevyadophy
Back to top
pvanbeek
Site supporter
Site supporter

Please add your avatar!

Joined: 21 Mar 2007

Posts: 200

Thanks received:
2 in 2 posts
Thanks given: 77


Phone: N9 N900 formerly P990i, P800 6600

PostPosted: Tuesday, 11.Jan.2011 23:23    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Hi, Its been a long time - so bear in mind this might not be strictly acurate about the walkman mod

1) The equaliser changes volume at different frequencies. I think the equaliser is a series of presets just more than the standard player - there is a visualiser too.

2) There is a seperate mod to boost volume

3) I think so

Your best bet is to find a review of the SE W950 as this is the source of the walkman mod! - try:

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w950-review-111p4.php
Back to top
plevyadophy
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Please add your avatar!

Joined: 26 Jul 2003

Posts: 537

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 9

Location: London
Phone: P800, P910i, Nok 9300, P990i

PostPosted: Wednesday, 12.Jan.2011 05:00    Post subject: Thanks   Reply with quote   

pvanbeek wrote:
Hi, Its been a long time - so bear in mind this might not be strictly acurate about the walkman mod

1) The equaliser changes volume at different frequencies. I think the equaliser is a series of presets just more than the standard player - there is a visualiser too.

2) There is a seperate mod to boost volume

3) I think so

Your best bet is to find a review of the SE W950 as this is the source of the walkman mod! - try:

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w950-review-111p4.php


Thanks for your help
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 3.x All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Similar Topics on this forum
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts P990i/UIQ3 - Blackberry app? plevyadophy Symbian OS UIQ 3.x 2 Monday, 03.Jan.2011 15:29 View latest post
No new posts Sony Ericsson to open App Store BentL Symbian OS UIQ 3.x 16 Thursday, 04.Jun.2009 13:01 View latest post
No new posts Installation of Sound Mod Lite on SE P990i? G0CNG Symbian OS UIQ 3.x 3 Saturday, 21.Feb.2009 15:16 View latest post
No new posts Phone number autocomplete app? doublefresh Symbian OS UIQ 3.x 2 Friday, 30.Jan.2009 17:42 View latest post
No new posts Yet another new app - x-key, virtual keyboard ares Symbian OS UIQ 3.x 7 Monday, 24.Nov.2008 13:26 View latest post
No new posts Any app for IR use ? gelici Symbian OS UIQ 3.x 0 Sunday, 29.Jun.2008 19:16 View latest post
No new posts App suggestion - 'Freeze pane' for scrolling aqualung Symbian OS UIQ 3.x 6 Friday, 20.Jun.2008 20:10 View latest post
No new posts missed call reminder app yet ? DAN55 Symbian OS UIQ 3.x 3 Tuesday, 20.May.2008 17:11 View latest post
No new posts FastCall by sck - new app launcher ares Symbian OS UIQ 3.x 24 Wednesday, 16.Apr.2008 11:43 View latest post
No new posts Bunch Launch - app. of the month! Eggs Symbian OS UIQ 3.x 4 Monday, 04.Feb.2008 23:13 View latest post

Posting/discussing/exchanging warez/cracks/serial numbers/links to web sites offering such resources and/or any other illegal content
is FORBIDDEN on this forum and results in an immediate BAN.


Symbian and all Symbian-based marks and logos are trade marks of Symbian Software Limited.
This website is not in any way endorsed or supported by Symbian Software Limited.    (C) 2001 My-Symbian.com All Rights Reserved