MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
N-Gage games

Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS S60 3rd Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
433 in 312 posts
Thanks given: 93

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Friday, 06.Mar.2009 13:11    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia will continue to sell N-Gage games through its N-Gage gaming service, see article at Reuters. Excerpt:
    INTERVIEW-Nokia says to stick with N-Gage - for now
    HELSINKI, March 6 (Reuters) - Nokia (NOK1V.HE) aims to eventually sell all digital content through its new online Ovi store but will keep a separate N-Gage gaming service, at least for now, a Nokia executive told Reuters in an interview.

Nokia will open the online store in May, hoping to follow the runaway success of Apple Inc's (AAPL.O) similar App Store.

"Our goal in the medium term is really to converge everything into a single distribution channel," Marco Argenti, Vice President for Media, said.

Argenti said that from the start the store will sell mass-market games, but Nokia has decided for now to keep separate its gaming service N-Gage, which is targeted more at hard-core gamers.

"It's the experience we decided to preserve, at least at this stage," Argenti said.

Nokia's mobile gaming push has encountered major challenges over the years, with consumers shunning its dedicated gaming phones, and with its new online gaming service, opened last year, yet to move beyond a niche audience.
--
Bent Laursen
My-Symbian
Sponsored links

PostPosted: Friday, 06.Mar.2009 13:11    Post subject: Sponsored links      

BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
433 in 312 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 18.Mar.2009 17:12    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Need For Speed™ Undercover is now available on N-Gage, see Nokia Press Bulletin Board. Excerpt:
    EA Mobile’s Need For Speed™ Franchise Breaks Cover to make its Debut on N-Gage

The undisputed king of street racing comes crashing onto the N-Gage for the first time, slamming gamers into the driving seat for a turbo-charged shot of auto adrenaline.

Occupying its own unique slice of the compelling series storyline, Need For Speed™: Undercover for N-Gage challenges players to infiltrate the secretive street scene, before earning the right to battle the best for the ultimate racing reward: respect.

The latest offering in EA’s award-winning franchise locks drivers in a frenetic duel with the law as they rip through the city in eight iconic rides, including the Porsche 911 Turbo and the Nissan GT-R. The streets become a racer’s playground as players blaze a trail through four distinct urban environments in classic Circuit, Sprint, Speed Camera, Highway Battle and Bounty events.

A combustible mixture of seat-gripping game play and Hollywood-style direction makes for unrelenting action on the road as Need For Speed™ Undercover invites you to feel the thrill of the chase.

Need For Speed™ Undercover is now available at http://www.n-gage.com or why not head to http://www.n-gagenfsundercover.com to tune up your phone and freak out your friends with fake speeding fine e-mails!
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
433 in 312 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 24.Mar.2009 13:58    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Bounce Boing Voyage is the first game to use motion control for N-Gage, see Nokia Conversions. Excerpt:
    Nokia N-Gage evolves with first motion control game
    GLOBAL - Nokia has given the nod to motion control gaming on N-Gage, via an updated version of a game called Bounce Boing Voyage. The first N-Gage game to exploit the accelerometer hidden beneath the skin of N-Gage friendly handsets including the Nokia N79, N82, N85, N95, N95 8GB, N96 and 6210 Navigator, the motion control version of Bounce Boing Voyage is slated to launch later this spring.

Read on to find out how the motion control action plays out, and more details including its showcase at this week’s Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Francisco.

Ikona on the the N-Gage blog posted a snapshot of how the motion control is executed in the upcoming game:

“Motion control support enables players to guide the Bounce ball through different surreal worlds with the built-in motion sensor in their N-Gage compatible device. In Bounce Boing Voyage, players can control the Bounce ball by moving their device in the desired direction. Lifting the device upwards makes Bounce jump on its way to free the land of Poingpingy.”

GDC starts tomorrow, running from 23-27 March in San Francisco, and it’s here that Bounce Boing Voyage will debut its motion control skills.

Don’t worry if you’ve got the previous version of Bounce Boing Voyage, because those that do will be entitled to a free upgrade to the motion supported edition when it hits handsets later this spring.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
433 in 312 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 30.Apr.2009 14:02    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Age of Empires III is available for N-Gage, see Nokia Press Bulletin Board. Excerpt:
    Age of Empires III marches onto N-Gage
    Age of Empires III by Glu Mobile Inc. has been released on N-Gage by Nokia. This is the first ever multiplayer real-time strategy game on N-Gage and the latest to launch in the successful Age of Empires franchise on mobile phones.

“We are excited to have worked with Nokia to bring Age of Empires III to the N-Gage platform, adding yet another level of success to the current number one historical real-time strategy mobile game.” said Jill Braff, Senior Vice President, Global Publishing, Glu Mobile. “Age of Empires III on N-Gage keeps players on their toes in the battlefield, bringing their experience to a new intensity with features including a multiplayer game mode, new skirmish maps and enhanced graphics.”

Game Features

• Historically Immersive Setting – Protect Western Europe from the Ottoman Empire
    • Real-Time Strategy – Use battle strategy and resource management to conquer rival colonies and build the ultimate empire
    • Multiplayer – New skirmish mode features real time OTA (over the air) multiplayer for the first time on any strategy game on N-Gage
    • New Skirmish Maps
    • New animated introduction sequence
    • Enhanced In-Game Graphics – New floor tiles create a more varied terrain and map edges will be comprised of stunning shorelines and mountain edges
    • Enhanced Music and Sound Effects – Creates improved atmosphere

Age of Empires III is now available at http://www.n-gage.com
--
Bent Laursen
My-Symbian
Sponsored links

PostPosted:     Post subject: Sponsored links      

BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
433 in 312 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 11.May.2009 13:18    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

ZOMG its Cj has a review of the N-Gage game Age of Empires III:

http://zomgitscj.com/n-gage-review-age-of-empires-iii/

--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
433 in 312 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 11.Jun.2009 16:10    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia has released Dance Fabulous, see press release:
    Dance Fabulous by Nokia to hit the charts
    N-Gage introduces a new way to play and listen to music

Espoo, Finland - Dance Fabulous, published by Nokia, has been released on N-Gage. The first cross-services game by Nokia incorporates both a music and gaming experience and offers its players a new way to enjoy and listen to music. Through a collaboration between Nokia, Interscope Records and music legend Dave Stewart, Dance Fabulous also introduces a pioneering artist, Cindy Gomez, including a dancing Gomez avatar and her brand new songs.

Players of Dance Fabulous perform their own choreography and collect points by creating cool moves and dancing to the music. In addition to customizing their own avatars, players can mix and match between a variety of dance styles and dance sets and share their fabulous moves with friends and other players via the N-Gage Arena.

"Dance Fabulous is a music game where players can use any music they have stored on their mobile device and download more of their favorite songs from the Nokia Music Store," said Mark Ollila, Director of X-Media Solutions, Media & Games, Nokia. "Dance Fabulous offers its players a unique experience, enabling them to share their own visual content - the cool dance moves and the new dance styles they have created - and showcases how playing together with friends, combined with other rich community features, makes mobile games an essential part of mobile entertainment offering."

The Canadian Cindy Gomez is the first artist to make her debut in a mobile game. Dance Fabulous features five of her songs, including the debut single "Again & Again". And it's not just Cindy's voice you hear echoing through the title - as well as recording unique songs for Dance Fabulous, Cindy's motion-capture studio involvement brings her own dance moves to the game in appearance of her very own Dance Fabulous avatar.

Cindy Gomez's debut single "Again & Again" has been released in Nokia Music Store and has already made its way into the charts. Her debut album coming later this year will also be available for download in Nokia Music Store.

Dance Fabulous is now available at www.n-gage.com,
    View Dance Fabulous trailer, making of videos and images at www.n-gage.com/dancefabulous and sign up for a free 30-day pass at nokia.mobi/dancefabulous.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
433 in 312 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 15.Jun.2009 17:02    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Zeemote has announced that its JS1 Bluetooth gaming controller is compatible with a number of S60 devices, see press release (PDF):
    ZEEMOTE JS1 BLUETOOTH GAMING CONTROLLER NOW COMPATIBLE WITH EXPANDED PORTFOLIO OF NOKIA MOBILE DEVICES, ADDS SAMSUNG AND LG
    Latest release of Zeekey Controller App extends Zeemote compatibility to the world’s hottest S60 devices including the Nokia N97, XpressMusic 5800, Samsung INNOV8 and LG KT770

CHELMSFORD, MASS – June 15, 2009 — Zeemote™ Inc. (http://www.zeemote.com), the recognized leader in designing, manufacturing, marketing and licensing wireless controller technology and products for mobile devices, has announced today that the award-winning Zeemote® JS1 Bluetooth Gaming Controller now works with an even broader range of mobile devices from Nokia, Samsung and LG.

By downloading the Zeekey™ controller application from www.zeemote.com/zeekey, Zeemote JS1 users will be able to enjoy the best mobile gaming experience on a wide range of S60 mobile devices. In addition to bringing mobile gaming alive, the Zeemote® JS1 Controller featuring Zeekey™ also enables the control of phone navigation, music player, web browser and most all other apps. So, whether a user is cueing up their favorite playlist, surfing the web or playing games, the Zeemote JS1 Controller offers the ultimate control for the mobile user.

With the latest release of the Zeekey™ application, the Zeemote JS1 Bluetooth Game Controller expands upon its current Nokia mobile device compatibility with all Nokia S60 3rd and 5th Edition Nseries, Eseries, XpressMusic, Sport, Navigator, and Classic Mobile Devices supported.

Nokia was the first organization to launch the Zeemote JS1 Bluetooth Game Controller featuring Zeekey™ and is currently shipping “special edition” game bundles that also support Nokia’s N-Gage gaming platform. Over 10 N-Series and XpressMusic mobile devices, such as the hit Nokia N96, N81, N85, N82, 6650 and XpressMusic 5320 currently ship with the Zeemote JS1 in specific regions.

In addition, the latest version of Zeekey also supports all games, applications and phone features when using a Samsung S60 phone like the INNOV8, SGH-I400, SGH-I560, SGH-J870 or LG S60 phones like the KT615, KT610, KT770 and KS10.

“Zeemote is committed to delivering the world’s best mobile gaming experience to a global audience of mobile users across the largest number of mobile devices.” said Ernie Cormier, president and CEO of Zeemote Inc. “Our Zeekey™ application also ensures compatibility of the Zeemote JS1 with all mobile games that a user already has on their mobile phone or intends to purchase in the future.”

To find out more information on the Zeemote JS1 Bluetooth Game Controller, check device compatibility or download the Zeekey™ application, visit www.zeemote.com.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
433 in 312 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 17.Jun.2009 15:57    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

AMF Bowling: Pinbusters! has been released for N-Gage, see press release:
    Vir2L Studios now releasing AMF Bowling: Pinbusters! for N-Gage
    AMF Bowling: Pinbusters! launch marks the first of several new Vir2L games to be released for N-Gage by Nokia

Espoo, Finland - Vir2L Studios, a ZeniMax Media company, and Nokia today announced AMF® Bowling: Pinbusters!(TM) is now available on N-Gage and soon in Ovi Store.

AMF Bowling: Pinbusters! allows N-Gage players to experience the thrill of the lanes in the palm of their hand. Players can choose from 12 unique characters, each with their own signature style and moves, bowl in fantastic 3D venues, and enter the World Cup to become a virtual bowling champion! Bowl in Quick Play, Precision, and Duckpins modes or experience all the excitement of multiplayer via the N-Gage Arena.

"We are excited to release AMF Bowling: Pinbusters! on N-Gage, " said Douglas Frederick, president of Vir2L Studios. "We're sure that bowling fans of all ages will enjoy a robust and fun filled gaming experience."

"Vir2L brings a wealth of experience to developing games for N-Gage and we think that AMF Bowling: Pinbusters! will be fantastic," said Gregg Sauter, Director, Publishing and Partner Management, Nokia. "In particular, we're excited to see some great multiplayer features that take advantage of the N-Gage Arena."

AMF Bowling: Pinbusters! on N-Gage features Point Pickups, allowing users to collect N-Gage points and track high scores. Players will have the ability to post their scores to a leader board as well as track their personal bests on their devices.

AMF Bowling: Pinbusters! is now available for download at www.n-gage.com and soon at store.ovi.com.
--
Bent Laursen

BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
433 in 312 posts

PostPosted: Saturday, 20.Jun.2009 18:30    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The N-Gage application has been updated to version 1.20(1511) according to ZOMG its Cj. The N-Gage application can be updated from within the application.

--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
433 in 312 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 30.Jun.2009 20:32    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The N-Gage application has been updated to version 1.21(1536) according to ZOMG its Cj.

--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
433 in 312 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 17.Aug.2009 09:43    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The N-Gage application has been updated to version 1.40(1557) according to ZOMG its Cj.

--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
433 in 312 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 02.Nov.2009 12:24    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia will close its N-Gage gaming service, see this N-Gage blog post. Excerpt:
    Mobile gaming evolves – Ovi Store is here
    We’ve been busy evolving our mobile gaming service and building up the portfolio of games in Ovi Store. Currently, we have more than a thousand games available in Ovi Store supported by 100 Nokia device models and are growing the platform and portfolio as quickly as possible.

If you haven’t checked out Ovi Store lately, we suggest you stop by store.ovi.com/games for the latest mobile games for your Nokia device. And what’s best, not only will you be able to get a wide variety of games like Pac-Man, The Sims 3 and Guitar Hero World Tour Mobile in the Ovi Store, but you will have access to hundreds of new ones like Sky Force Reload and EA SPORTS FIFA 10 from a wide range of publishers from 65 countries.

As we continue to move Nokia’s services under the Ovi umbrella, Ovi Store is the one-stop-shop for all your mobile content. If you’re looking for the latest apps, games and other mobile content, Ovi Store is available in more than 180 countries. And remember, content is for everyone so start downloading today.

So, you might ask, what will happen to the current N-Gage platform?
    N-Gage games can be purchased until the end of September 2010. While the N-Gage.com site together with the N-Gage Arena and other community features will remain in operation throughout 2010, the Ovi Store will be the new central place for all the mobile games that Nokia and other publishers offer from this point forward. We will no longer publish new games for the N-Gage platform.

What will happen to N-Gage Arena?
    N-Gage Arena will remain in operation throughout 2010 and players can e.g. keep posting their high scores until then. We understand that people value the ability to manage their games and communicate about them, and we are working on offering such community elements through Ovi. Games publishers are free to use community features of their choosing in their apps, the feature set is not defined by Nokia. Social Networking applications are some of the most downloaded on Ovi Store, emphasing the power of connecting people.

What will happen to my games?
    Your games are safe - all your purchased N-Gage games will continue to work on your N-Gage compatible mobile device and they’re yours to keep. However, community features of the games will not be functional after 2010.

Do you have plans to bring community elements to the Ovi Store gaming experience?
    Yes, we understand how important community is to our gamers. You can already post reviews of games and other apps in the Ovi Store. We are actively working on offering more community elements through Ovi and we encourage developers to use community features in their applications. Stay tuned – there’s more to come on this.

Why doesn’t Nokia keep N-Gage as a separate gaming platform?
    As mobile gaming evolves and begins to encompass social gaming, we want to offer one store front with an even broader portfolio of games – games for everyone. It’s much more convenient to have one place to get all your mobile games, and this it what Ovi Store https://store.ovi.com/games provides. Mobile gaming is one of the most popular activities in the Ovi Store, with games being the #2 most downloaded category for premium content. And besides having all mobile games in one place, people can access other services like Mail, Maps, Music and many more via www.ovi.com.

What will happen to N-Gage.com?
    The N-Gage.com site will remain in operation throughout 2010, with the exception of the N-Gage Store which will remain open until the end of September 2010. However, we recommend people to visit Ovi Store to play the latest games – many familiar games and so much more.

Will you stop shipping devices with the N-Gage application pre-installed?
    We will continue to sell devices with N-Gage application pre-installed for some time, however we will no longer ship new devices with the application pre-installed.
    Games will be available through the Ovi Store which is already supported by 100 Nokia device models and growing. Ovi Store will be pre-installed on most new compatible Nokia devices including Symbian S60 & Series 40 from Q4 2009.

Thank you for being part of the N-Gage community and your participation over the years. It is important we share this information with you first as we know how much the N-Gage Community means to you, and that being up to date on the latest gaming information is of importance.

We appreciate your contributions and loyalty to the N-Gage community and service, and we hope to continue to hear from you via Ovi. See you in the Games!

Sign up here to Ovi for more news about games, apps and other mobile content in Ovi Store

Nokia Games team
--
Bent Laursen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS S60 3rd Edition All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic