MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
PicodriveN

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 2.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prart
Forum Senior
Forum Senior

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 1

Phone: N900, P900, P910i

PostPosted: Thursday, 13.Apr.2006 16:57    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

frezzn0 wrote:
[...]
Hey dude, It works excellent. I'm playing with the diagonals right now. Are you sure that you've configured it right?

well, just checked with another rom - it works! i guess shining force II doesn`t use diagonals natively.
frezzn0
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: P800, P990i

PostPosted: Friday, 14.Apr.2006 03:38    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Yea that's right. Some games doesn't have diagonals.
notaz
Developer
Developer

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: M600i, P800

PostPosted: Sunday, 23.Apr.2006 13:14    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

stox wrote:
does notaz post here, i saw him replying on the snes9x post!

Had some serious health problems (surgery) so was unable to answer your questions. Fortunately I am getting better now.

stox wrote:
sometimes playing some games in flip closed mode like LOTUS2 (PAL VERSION)part of the screen vanish under the flip also setting picodriven in fit mode 0° rotation. Other games like OUTRUN (PAL VERSION) fits well.

Well this is because Genesis has several display modes and I use constant aspect ratio (i don't like squished images), so some games take larger portion of the screen. Will add additional stretched mode for all those FC gamers out there, as I was asked for this multiple times.

New version of PicodriveN with various fixes is in progress, but is not stable enough yet. Hopefully will finish it soon after I get better. Wasn't able to trace down the Outrun problem (yet).

Rizzly wrote:
Hi, it would be cool if you could continiue some projects from this site, espescially Egboy and Enes, because these two still contain many bugs:
http://www.stevesprojects.com/

Maybe it would, but I already don't find enough time to improve PicodriveN and Snes9x, I do have many ideas, but no time..
oco
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P800, P910a

PostPosted: Sunday, 23.Apr.2006 23:32    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:
Had some serious health problems (surgery) so was unable to answer your questions. Fortunately I am getting better now.

No please notaz dont die... Crying or Very sad
Seriously, get better man.
stox
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P800

PostPosted: Monday, 24.Apr.2006 05:31    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

urgh... sorry about this, glad to hear you're better now! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
djtwok
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: Nokia E71

PostPosted: Tuesday, 25.Apr.2006 10:06    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Please insert a volume control to both picodrive n and snes emu. on headphones volume is much too loud.
notaz
Developer
Developer

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 25.Apr.2006 10:40    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

djtwok wrote:
Please insert a volume control to both picodrive n and snes emu. on headphones volume is much too loud.

Can't you just pause the game, adjust main phone volume and then resume? Doesn't it work on A925?
djtwok
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 25.Apr.2006 11:30    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

That doesnt have effect on game volume. Even if the phone is on silent theres sound. second problem is that after load/save sound is always disabled (message:problem with sound...)
notaz
Developer
Developer

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 25.Apr.2006 11:48    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

djtwok wrote:
That doesnt have effect on game volume. Even if the phone is on silent theres sound. second problem is that after load/save sound is always disabled (message:problem with sound...)

there are no such problems with my P800. Do you also loose sound after pause/resume? Or after loading another ROM?
djtwok
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 25.Apr.2006 12:03    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Even after Pause/Resume. My phone is an Motorola A925.
frezzn0
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 25.Apr.2006 12:55    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I just wanna make a reminder about support, and I am ashamed of you guys. This thread have 5 pages, the Snes9x thread have even more pages and most of the posts are by Notaz answering to our needs, that is better support then many other need-to-pay-for programs, and there are just a few donations! Not even double digits! This guy is recovering from an illness so give him a break. There are no excuses for following these links if you use Notaz apps.

These links are to Snes9x donation items because there isn't any for PicodriveN, but it's for the same couse with no excuses.

Support Notaz:

Dollar
Euro
admiral_trigger_happy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: A925, A1000

PostPosted: Wednesday, 26.Apr.2006 06:13    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Great work Notaz.
About the A925 and volume issues, thats an issue with the phone and the app ignoring the Master volume on the phone, I think this was fixed on A1000 as it has sperate volume controls for different things, and one of them is multimedia which controls the volume for apps such as this.
stox
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P800

PostPosted: Thursday, 27.Apr.2006 01:01    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Quote:

There are no excuses for following these links if you use Notaz apps.

right.... promised support to notaz and made it. please com'on, the apps are really 4 euro worth. just take those 2 mins to give your credit card number on the super secure handago sites!
notaz
Developer
Developer

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 02.May.2006 00:01    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Just uploaded a new version with lots of new stuff. Added new "Alternative renderer" mode for fullscreen gaming, which runs nearly all Pal games fullspeed without sound. It can run Sonic3 @ ~20fps with sound, which I am quite satisfied with. It is missing some stuff though, like water in Sonic is not visible.

Also fiddled with Motorola sound code, have no idea if it will work better. Added volume control for Motorolas (enable "don't use volume keys for game controls" in misc settings), but also have no idea if it works. Hope didn't break it completely, it is nightmare to develop something without ability to test.

I will be very busy for at least two months (exam period started), so there will be no updates. Don't know how things will change after that, but there are still many things to improve for both Snes9x and PicodriveN. I used to play a lot of megadrive games when I was young and liked the machine, so it was fun to explore the internals from developer's point of view, and to understand how that thing works. I still have motivation to work on this, but am completely out of time.

Oh, and if you find a nonworking or glitchy ROM, post it's name here. It would be nice is somebody could do a compatibility list of the 0.80 version, something like here or here in that time, this would help the development of future versions.

And finally, thanks to all those who donated!
frezzn0
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 02.May.2006 12:41    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Thanks for the update. When I find some glitchy game I'll let you know.

Good luck on your exams.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 2.x All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page  
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Posting/discussing/exchanging warez/cracks/serial numbers/links to web sites offering such resources and/or any other illegal content
is FORBIDDEN on this forum and results in an immediate BAN.

Symbian and all Symbian-based marks and logos are trade marks of Symbian Software Limited.
This website is not in any way endorsed or supported by Symbian Software Limited.    (C) 2001 My-Symbian.com All Rights Reserved