MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Soldier Ants!

Go to page  
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 2.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FastLaneJB
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: iPhone 3GS

PostPosted: Thursday, 19.Aug.2004 20:38    Post subject: Soldier Ants!   Reply with quote   

I just thought I would make a thread on this game seeing as I don't see one yet. I've had a go on the demo and I must say it's amazing. I love it. The control system and menu system used works really well on the phone.

I just need to wait till I get my P910 before I can buy it as no point buying it for my P900 when the IMEI number will change. I can understand why software registers this way but it makes life such a pain when you change phones.

Anyway give the demo a shot. I'm sure I cannot be the only one that loves Worms type games. I hope there will be newer weapons/landscapes in the future. Maybe an add-on pack for it might be a good idea.
ajay_may7650
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P900

PostPosted: Thursday, 19.Aug.2004 22:00    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I've played the demo and bought the full version, it is EXCELLENT! best worms type game ive played on a phone.

nice variety of options, teams and landscapes. it could do with a few more weapons but the selectrion available is nicely balanced. i just wish there was a double barrel shotgun. the king of all game weapons Smile

And a few blank teams for my own names would be good, without overwriting the inbuilt ones.

Oh, and the end opf matchstats could do with more detail than just a final score. ant of the match etc

This game rocks
FastLaneJB
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 20.Aug.2004 01:13    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Yeah I have to agree. I have the proper Worms World Party on my XDA 2 and I don't enjoy playing that nearly as much as this one. The control system is much better and the interface on Ants.

Maybe they can tweak the end of match stats and stuff with a new version. Extra weapons would be nice too but just nit picking to be honest.

It's just so much fun.
ajay_may7650
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 20.Aug.2004 02:01    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

My favorite team match up at the moment is the scientists versus the supermodels. theres something very satisfying about it
adnhk
Forum Senior
Forum Senior

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
1 in 1 posts

Phone: P990i, M600i, P910i, P900 and P800

PostPosted: Friday, 20.Aug.2004 02:21    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

oh yes... tried yesterday and fell in love with it Very Happy GREAT GAME and kudos to the developer (the same person who produces TAGS, TAGS: TANK and TTI football I presume?)
lyallp
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 20.Aug.2004 06:35    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Does not work with Remote Px00 Sad [not that it's important but worth noting]
Also, leaves HandyDay 2004 'house' icon on the screen.

...Lyall
f.u.
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P800 R2F Phone, R2A Organiser; P990 R5A17

PostPosted: Friday, 20.Aug.2004 06:38    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

adnhk wrote:
oh yes... tried yesterday and fell in love with it Very Happy GREAT GAME and kudos to the developer (the same person who produces TAGS, TAGS: TANK and TTI football I presume?)

yes, same guy Tom Cooper. I was part of beta testing some of his products and I have asked him to put his name somewhere in his games to take some credit for what he has done.

Ants' is a very good game for a phone. Perfect to keep you entertained for those long tedious journeys or when there's nothing on the tele or when your waiting for someone who is late. It's quite hard to put down once you have started a round.

If you are reading this and have not tried the demo, try it now and see for yourself how the game plays. Try before you buy. Wink
floss
Developer
Developer

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 20.Aug.2004 13:09    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

There will be more weapons and maps on the way. I always spend a month or two after publishing a game adding suggestions I see on the forums.

So far my list of possible improvements which will be released as free upgrades includes:

Mango bombs (a little like the Banana Bomb in Worms)
Something along the lines of Worms sheep weapon.
Music (which is currently in production)
King of the Hill mode (points for highest ant, team with most points wins).
More maps.
Ability to create your own levels (the game supports this but it needs a tweak or two)
Shotgun
Punch.

FastLaneJB, why not buy the game for the P900 and when you get your P910 I'll give you a new key in exchange for a little assistance porting the game to this new phone. I believe I will have to make some tweaks to all my games to make them work on this new model.

Cheers,

Tom
geWAPpnet
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: P900, P910i

PostPosted: Friday, 20.Aug.2004 13:18    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

floss wrote:
So far my list of possible improvements which will be released as free upgrades includes:

I would like to see a function to save in Battle mode. Normally I only have time to play a few minutes so I'm never able to finish a game. It should also be possible to turn of sound.
floss
Developer
Developer

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 20.Aug.2004 14:06    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

> I would like to see a function to save in Battle mode. Normally I only have time
> to play a few minutes so I'm never able to finish a game. It should also be
> possible to turn of sound.

Saving in battle mode should be simple enough. I was pondering how to do that a while ago and I believe I have a solution which will keep the files nice and small.

When I add in the music I will put a sound options menu into the frontend with levels for music and sound effects... which will both be turnoffable.
FastLaneJB
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 20.Aug.2004 17:27    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Hi floss,

OK that sounds like a deal to me. I'll purchase the game tonight when I get home.

I take it the changes you might have to make would be to do with the increased amount of colours just like when the P800 to P900 happened? But yeah I'll test or try anything you want me to try out to get it working. While I'm not so interested in buying your other games (Not that they aren't good, just not a footie person for instance), if you need anything testing to get them working too. I'd be happy to that too.

My P910i is pre ordered with Expansys so as soon as they come in, I should have it winging it's way to me.
adnhk
Forum Senior
Forum Senior

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
1 in 1 posts

Phone: P990i, M600i, P910i, P900 and P800

PostPosted: Friday, 20.Aug.2004 18:02    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

@floss,

I was about to buy this game for my P900, thinking I will get a free upgrade when I upgrade my P900 to the P910 when it's out (should be in less than 2 months from now). After reading the posts here, am I correct that this is not possible? I am more than willing to do beta testing for you when I get my hands on the P910. Else, I would not buy it now cos the lifespan of my P900 will only last until the P910 is out Sad

Cheers
phattslagg
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 20.Aug.2004 23:38    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Great game!

Two remaining issues I have with it so far are:

1) Selecting the target for a homing missile can be a bit difficult when it's underneath the selection box.

2) If an ant jetpacks higher than the top of the screen, it still comes back down again, so why can't missiles do the same?

My other issues have been covered by geWAPpnet's post (Battle Save and Sound Off)

Last edited by phattslagg on Friday, 20.Aug.2004 23:40; edited 1 time in total
floss
Developer
Developer

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 20.Aug.2004 23:40    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

I'll be uploading version 1.01 tonight. It will have some title music, audio options and a crash bug fix which affected games with three teams or more.

> I take it the changes you might have to make would be to do with the increased
> amount of colours just like when the P800 to P900 happened

To be honest, I'm not sure what to expect yet. The game will probably run slowly until I add some code to specifically handle the P910s weird screen format. I suspect there may also be a quick tweak I have to make to the file handling in order to make the game run.

Tom
floss
Developer
Developer

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

PostPosted: Friday, 20.Aug.2004 23:42    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

> Selecting the target for a homing missile can be a bit difficult when it's
> underneath the selection box.

When setting the target in an awkward spot you have three options:

1) Zoom out a bit or scroll the screen before selecting the weapon.

2) If you hold the stylus down when setting the target position you can drag the target marker around and put it behind the weapon select box. Or scroll the screen whilst dragging the target marker.

3) Suggest something better and I'll see if I can code it Wink

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 2.x All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page  
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic