MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
Nokia Qt Software Development Kit (SDK)

Go to page
Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian ^3, Anna & Belle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts
Thanks given: 114

Phone: N9, N900, E90, 9300i, 9300, 9210

PostPosted: Friday, 20.May.2011 16:04    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia has released Qt Quick 3D, see blog post. Excerpt:
    Qt Quick 3D Downloads Available
    Its been well over a year since I blogged here about Qt3D and its mission to bring Qt style to 3D programming with OpenGL. Qt3D started out as a Qt research project to bring Qt convenience and portability to OpenGL code, back in 2008/2009 – and it more than delivered on that promise with several of its classes finding their way into Qt’s OpenGL API.

But Qt is all about Qt Quick now, which those of you who have seen our QML 3D demo will know Qt Quick has changed the Qt3D project from a set of handy C++ API’s to an amazing 3D scripting environment. I spoke about Qt3D and also about our QML bindings at Dev Days last year and the response was huge. We also got the message from many of you that it was less exciting to have Qt style portability for OpenGL, now that OpenGL ES 2 was becoming a de-facto standard. This made the transition to Qt Quick for our front end even more important.

So we turned the corner and now I’d like to share with you our latest work: Qt Quick 3D! We have spent the last few months debugging, improving and packaging so that we could share with you. With Qt Quick 3D you have under the hood Qt3D with the power of C++ implemented 3D scene graphs, 3D asset loading (.3ds and other popular formats) but the developer API is all QML.

What can you do with Qt Quick 3D right now?

• Create a QML application that features 3D content
    • Load models made in 3D studio max or Blender into your app
    • Add stock shapes such as cylinders and cubes
    • Insert inline shader code into the QML to create neat effects
    • Animate your scene with geometric animations such as rotate, translate and scale
    • Control your scenes with QML states, transitions and animations
    • Write app logic in javascript, and use Qt Quick 2D alongside your 3D content

Video: Qt Quick 3D on the N900

Of course we could not put everything we wanted in, so we have plenty to work on – maybe you have some special requests? What is coming in the future:

• Support for next version of QML (this will likely be the first cab off the rank).
    • Network awareness (at present URL’s must be local file system only)
    • Qt Creator integration for the model loader (to make it easier to position your 3D asset into your Qt Quick 3D scene)
    • More sophisticated animations – skinning and morphing
    • Physics engine integration

The packaging and Qt Quick integration is still in development, but we are coming to you with this now in the hopes that we get some useful feedback on the packages themselves, and also the functionality of Qt Quick 3D so that we can improve it. Working with packages has been a new challenge for the Qt3D team, since we have had to turn our hand from coding C++ and QML bindings to battling with the debian packaging system, Symbian .sis format and the intricacies of Windows and other desktop installers. The bugs we know about are listed on our public bug-tracker, which is also the right place to report any new issues or to vote up the ones you’d like fixed first.

Without further ado, here are the downloads:

For the source package, step-by-step building instructions for Qt Creator (including screenshots) are available on our Qt Quick 3D documentation page.

If you want to start working with Qt Quick 3D, give us feedback or get assistance, join the community on our qt-3d@nokia.com mailing list.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 25.May.2011 18:47    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia has released an update to Qt SDK 1.1, see blog post. Excerpt:
    Qt SDK Update bringing Qt Creator 2.2 released
    It is a great pleasure to announce the availability of the first update for the Qt SDK. The main reason for this update is the inclusion of the recently released Qt Creator 2.2 into the SDK. (Please read that post if you are interested in the new features in Qt Creator that update brings.)
    The documentation and the remote compiler plugin have also been updated to work with the new Qt Creator, while the SDK Maintenance tool also had some bugs fixed.

For an overview of the content and the features of the Qt SDK, please have a look at the 1.1 release post.

Using the included Updater, you can get all the new goodies without having to reinstall – should you have held out until now, Forum Nokia also offers the updated installers on their Qt SDK website.
    If you encounter problems, please file a bug report at http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com.
--
Bent Laursen

The following users say THANKS! for this post: Casanunda

BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 25.May.2011 18:54    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia has released a technology preview of Qt 4.8, see blog post. Excerpt:
    Technology Preview of Qt 4.8 now available for testing and feedback
    I am very happy to announce the release of a Technology Preview of Qt 4.8 to the community for testing and feedback.

Qt 4.8 will be a release containing a lot of quality and performance improvements that were carried out during the last 12 months, such as File System performance improvements. It also includes the Qt Platform Abstraction (Lighthouse) feature, which enables easier porting of Qt into new graphics systems for third parties. Today’s Technology Preview is released to get your feedback, comments and improvement ideas.

Packages – Qt 4.8 Technology Preview
    The Qt 4.8 Tech Preview packages available today have been tested with Windows 7, Mac OS 10.6, Linux and Symbian^3.

Supported platforms for Qt 4.8
    Targets for Qt 4.8 will be announced in due course. As a reminder and a guide, the supported platforms for Qt 4.7 are available here http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/supported-platforms.html

Deprecated items list in Qt 4.8
    As announced recently, we will deprecate a list of items in the Qt 4.8 release. This list can be found in http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/05/12/qt-modules-maturity-level-the-list  /

Schedules
    We are aiming to release Qt 4.8 beta in next few weeks and the final release candidate in the second half of 2011. These are available through the SDK only.

Thanks
    We would like to thank all developers, contributors, the documentation integration and testing teams in Qt releasing for making this happen!

The Qt 4.8 Tech Preview is available now at
    http://get.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.0-t p.zip
    and
    http://get.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.0-t p.tar.gz

We are looking forward your contributions, comments and suggestions on the Qt 4.8 Tech Preview. Please post your bug reports in http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 08.Jun.2011 16:46    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Forum Nokia has released Nokia AnalyzeTool, see blog post. Excerpt:
    Deliver higher quality software with Nokia AnalyzeTool
    It's now easy to discover and eliminate memory leaks and other memory issues from your Symbian C++ and Qt software for Symbian devices with the Nokia AnalyzeTool.

With versions for S60 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 1; S60 3rd Edition, Feature Pack2; S60 5th Edition; and Symbian^3 SDKs, Nokia AnalyzeTool is used by compiling it with the application you want to analyse. The app is then run in an SDK emulator or on a compatible device to gather memory information as you exercise the application. Once testing is finished, you transfer the data collected to your PC for analysis. Where memory issues are found, the data collected pinpoints the source code line from which the error originated, enabling you to correct any issues quickly.

Download Nokia AnalyzeTool.

Read the user's guide.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 21.Jun.2011 16:40    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The Qt SDK 1.1.2 has been released, see blog post. Excerpt:
    Introducing MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan to the Qt SDK
    Today an update has been pushed to the Qt SDK providing the following content:

• Qt Creator 2.2.1: This is mainly a bug fix release. For more information, read the release blog here.

• MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan: The Qt SDK now contains experimental toolchains and other experimental components to create MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan apps. This feature is available on all supported development platforms by the Qt SDK, meaning Microsoft Windows, Linux and MacOS X.

Please note that the support for MeeGo Harmattan is not fully completed yet, it is located inside the experimental section of the installer or updater. Hence support will not get installed automatically, on a fresh installation you need to select the custom mode and enable those components manually. Afterwards you will have everything set up and automatically registered to Qt Creator, including documentation and emulator images.

For those of you, who have a running instance of the Qt SDK already, open the SDK Maintenance tool and find the MeeGo Harmattan target inside the experimental selection and simply post-install it to your environment.

If you decide to download the offline installers, we want to inform you about a couple of updates here. Due to the amount of feedback we received on the size of the offline installers, we needed to remove some parts to keep the packages at the same size. So from now on, the offline installers will not contain any Visual Studio 2005 components anymore. Furthermore the N900 setup is not included. However, they are still available in the online installers. Also you can be postinstall those after using the offline installation.

Following here are the download links: see the Nokia Developer webpages.

If you encounter any troubles, please file a bug report at: http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com to the according categories.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 28.Jul.2011 12:39    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Qt 4.8 Beta has been released, see blog post. Excerpt:
    Qt 4.8 Beta released
    It has been some weeks since we released the Qt 4.8 Technology Preview to the community. The release raised a lot of interest and we have received many comments in response to the Qt 4.8 TP blog.

Today we release the Qt 4.8 Beta. It should be noted it is not yet a final release candidate but it helps us make the quality of the final release even better. It will be available as an online Qt SDK 1.1 update only.

Subsequent Qt 4.8 releases (release candidate and then the final 4.8.0) will be also released through SDK updates.

Qt 4.8 Beta targets
    The Qt 4.8 Beta is available in the Qt SDK 1.1 for the following experimental targets: Linux, Windows and Mac. To install the experimental targets, open the Qt SDK’s Maintenance tool in Qt Creator ( Help | Start Updater ) and install them from the “Experimental” category.

Symbian will be added as an experimental target for a later release of Qt 4.8 when it has reached beta readiness, but it will stay experimental until Symbian has adopted Qt 4.8 and final device software is available.

Therefore developers currently aiming to create and deploy apps for Symbian should continue using Qt SDK 1.1 with Qt 4.7.3. We will update the Qt 4.7.3-based target for Symbian before Qt 4.8 target for Symbian can be used for developing applications distributable via Nokia Ovi Store.

Qt 4.8 Beta – content overview
    The Qt 4.8 Beta also includes beta maturity implementations of

- Qt Quick 1.1 http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/02/25/import-qtquick-1-1/

- Qt WebKit 2.2

In the Qt 4.8 the focus has been quality and performance improvements, but also other new additional features have been included.

1. Qt Platform Abstraction – to provide a clean abstraction layer for porting QtGui to new window systems. http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/05/31/lighthouse-has-grown-up-now/

2. Threaded Open GL support http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/06/03/threaded-opengl-in-4-8/

3. Multithreaded HTTP

4. Optimized file system access

5. For Symbian especially: Native Symbian networking, Ipv6 and OpenGL Graphics, Symbian resource mgmt.

6. New API’s: Localization API and IP multicast API.

As previously mentioned, the Qt 4.8 Beta includes a beta maturity version of Qt Quick 1.1, with the following improvements.

1. Right-To-Left support

2. Improved image caching

3. Text input improvements – Support for split-screen virtual keyboard

4. Pinch Area to provide a declarative API for handling touch input.

Deprecated items list in Qt 4.8
    A list of items that will be deprecated in the Qt 4.8 release can be found in http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/05/12/qt-modules-maturity-level-the-list  /

Big thanks again
    Big thanks again to all developers, contributors, documentation team, integration and testing team in Qt releasing plus SDK team to make this beta happen!

We hope that you will start using Qt 4.8 and report the bugs. We are very interested to hear about your experience and improvement ideas to make it even greater for everyone. You can post your bug reports here http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com.

UPDATE:
    We have now made source packages available for your download needs: .zip and .tar.gz and checksums.txt. If you’re interested in further details on the QtWebKit version included in this release look here.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 01.Sep.2011 15:07    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia has released Qt SDK 1.1.3, see blog post. Excerpt:
    Qt SDK Update introducing Qt Creator 2.3 and other updates
    We are pleased to announce the newest update for the Qt SDK introducing updates to several SDK components.

There are quite a few updates in this release partly just because of changes in the SDK internals, but there are also functional changes and quality improvements included. As a summary there are following updates included:

• Qt Creator 2.3: Plenty of small improvements to improve the basic developer experience. For more information, read the release blog.
    • Qt Simulator 1.2: in addition to a significant UI facelift, Qt Simulator 1.2 is introducing several new features: sensor simulation, simulation of NFC tags as well as gesture simulation.
    • Notifications API 1.1 is introducing QML bindings and quality improvements.
    • Qt 4.7.4 for desktop app developers.
    • MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan beta: This version of the Harmattan target is built on the same software image that was used in the version released in June so does not introduce new features, but is required to be updated in order to continue developing MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan apps.
    • Update to Symbian Complementary Package: important CODA update to expand the support also to the latest Symbian Belle devices. Note that the apps created with the beta level new target for Symbian Belle devices can not yet be submitted to OviStore.
    • Update to Qt Quick Components for Symbian is not introducing functional changes.

If you already have Qt SDK installed you can update to the latest version by running Update Qt SDK from the Qt SDK application folder on your computer. If you want to get started with Qt SDK, you can download 1.1.3 from the Qt SDK website.

If you encounter problems, please file a bug report at http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com.
--
Bent Laursen

The following users say THANKS! for this post: Michal Jerz

BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Tuesday, 13.Sep.2011 10:37    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

A new domain qt-project.org has been announced, see blog post. Excerpt:
    New domain for Qt announced: qt-project.org
    Lars has just announced on his blog that the Qt Open Source Project, under the Open Governance, will be moved to a new domain: qt-project.org (don’t bother copy/pasting, there’s nothing there yet). At the official Nokia Qt Blog, Daniel Kihlberg gives us the date for the launch: October 17th.

The moving to a new domain name has always been in the plans. I remember registering a domain when we started discussing Open Governance, in April of last year. That was, of course, before I knew how long it would take to actually get off the ground and that tranferring domains would be a hassle.

This domain, along with all the infrastructure required to run the project, will be owned by a non-profit foundation. It will not be owned by Nokia, nor any other company. This is to be absolutely clear that the project is neutral, independent of its uses by the companies. Lars is also clear in his blog that decision-making is done by the community, following the guidelines that others and I have been talking about for months.

From the launch point forward, we will say “the Qt Project releases version x.y”, or “the Qt Project has decided to do Z”, where we understand “Qt Project” to be the community decision.

What does this mean for other projects using Qt, like KDE and MeeGo (the “downstreams”)? More access to the decision-making, to the inner workings, directing Qt to their needs; learning from Qt’s good and bad, also finding out where Qt isn’t going, so they can go. In fact, this topic was the subject of my my Camp KDE presentation in April.

Both KDE and MeeGo have begun doing that, to some extent. MeeGo’s goals of a Wayland-based installation, with much improved graphics performance, rhymes with Qt’s. MeeGo has been helping drive the Wayland project. KDE, for its part, has begun the “KDE Frameworks” project, to refactor the KDE Libraries from KDE 4 and make them part of the Qt Ecosystem.

I’m glad to be part of all three projects, helping them see and help each other. Shameless plug: alone, I can’t do much, but together we can do a lot. Join us!
--
Bent Laursen

The following users say THANKS! for this post: gymbo

BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 29.Sep.2011 16:31    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia has updated Qt SDK 1.1.3, see blog post. Excerpt:
    New online update for Qt SDK available
    An online update for Qt SDK 1.1.3 is now available introducing following improvements:

• Updated Harmattan target, Beta2, to correspond to the most recent public firmware release of Nokia N950 Developer Device. This version of the target is still considered experimental, but it can be used for developing apps for Nokia N9 device. The Nokia N950 firmware update is available here.

• Qt Creator 2.3.1, with support for app booster for N9 software and fixes for Symbian on-device debugging (CODA).

• Fix to ensure that Qt Quick components work in the Simulator for software targeting the Nokia N9 smartphone and Symbian phones.

• Symbian Complementary package improvements with an updated qmlviewer.sis for Qt 4.7.4 and NFC support in the QtMobility 1.2 sis file.

You can obtain this update by running the Update tool of the Qt SDK.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 29.Sep.2011 16:35    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia has released Qt Creator 2.3.1, see blog post. Excerpt:
    Qt Creator 2.3.1 released
    A Qt Creator 2.3.1 patch release is now available through an Qt SDK update and as updated Qt Creator – only packages.

The release fixes a range of bugs, e.g. mixed C++/QML debugging could fail because a wrong gdb was choosen for the C++ debugging part, there where several debugging issues with CODA 4.0.23, and an update to the Harmattan application template in the light of the updated Harmattan target that is included in the Qt SDK update, to mention a few random ones.

Check out the changelog here, or the latest 3 1/2 dozen commits in our full commit log

If you are using the Qt SDK, it should notify you about the update, or you can go to the usual download pages on developer.qt.nokia.com or qt.nokia.com/downloads and get the Qt Creator – only version.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 01.Feb.2012 14:17    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia has released Qt SDK 1.2, see blog post. Excerpt:
    Qt Qt SDK 1.2 Released
    We are happy to announce that a new important update for Qt SDK is published.

This Qt SDK 1.2 update sets a new baseline for the developers for a longer perspective. Some of the features have already been available as online updates, but Qt SDK 1.2 now integrates the very latest tools, most recent mobile build targets for Symbian and Nokia N9, and the still fresh Qt 4.8 for desktops. We have also introduced some improvements to the SDK and its maintenance tool.

As a summary, this is what is new in the Qt SDK:

• Fixes for Qt Creator 2.4 in a new 2.4.1 patch update
    • Qt 4.8 for desktops delivering Qt Quick 1.1, Qt platform abstraction, Qt WebKit 2.2, and threaded OpenGL. See Sinan’s blog post for more details.
    • More Qt Mobility examples for Nokia N9 and Symbian devices
    • Ability to specify network proxy setting in the SDK Maintenance Tool
    • Update to the Symbian Complementary Package introducing Analyze Tool plugin and new CODA 1.0.6 installation package
    • An update to Notifications API improving the end user experience and fixing issues in the Nokia N9 implementation of the API.

If you already have Qt SDK installed, you can update to the latest version by running Update Qt SDK from the Qt SDK application folder on your computer. If you first time are getting started with Qt SDK, you can download 1.2 from our download page.

If you encounter problems, please file a bug report at http://bugreports.qt-project.org.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Wednesday, 11.Apr.2012 16:17    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia has released Qt SDK 1.2.1, see blog post. Excerpt:
    Qt SDK 1.2.1 update released
    The Qt SDK 1.2.1, is now available for download. It brings increased stability to the Qt SDK 1.2.

The updated SDK includes:

Qt 4.8.1 desktop installers for Mac and Windows in addition to Qt source packages. Qt 4.8.1 is the first patch release to the 4.8 series with over 200 functional improvements to the desktop and embedded platforms.

The focus of the error corrections, made by primarily by Digia, has been on desktop and embedded platforms with a large number of fixes focussed on QtCore, QtGUI and QtNetwork. For more details please see: Qt 4.8 library release

Increased ease targeting Nokia N9 through bug fixes and added functionality
    The added functionality in the Qt SDK 1.2.1 relates mainly to improved runtimes for testing. The Simulator now supports both landscape and portrait orientations. In addition, the Qt Quick Components in the Simulator have been upgraded to use the same version as is on the device. There are now three separate QEMU images – one each for PR1.0, PR1.1 and PR1.2.

In the last weeks there have also been some other updates that will help you with your Nokia N9 development:

An example application showcasing key Harmattan APIs. The application shows how to utilize Qt Mobility interfaces (e.g. maps, multimedia and sensor data) in applications.

The Harmattan developer library and UX documentation have been updated. The latter is available online, and the former is also provided within the Harmattan target for Qt SDK.

Other interesting projects

• Shader effects using QML. Have you noticed / tested the Qt.labs.shaders plugin yet? It ships with Qt 4.7.4 onwards, making it easier to make graphical effects with QML. A Qt 4 version of the demo is available here for desktop and Nokia N9.

• For developers looking at 3D technologies, we released Qt 3D 1.0 for Qt 4.8.1 today.
--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Thursday, 10.May.2012 16:58    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

Nokia has released Qt Creator 2.5.0, see Qt labs. Excerpt:
    Qt Creator 2.5.0 released
    The Qt Creator 2.5.0 final has been released! There are lots of new features and improvements in this release, I’ll highlight a few here, some others are probably already mentioned in our beta blog post, and you’ll find a more complete list in our changes file.

So, new features and improvements include but are not limited to:

• You can repeat a recent search with the same parameters with a simple click on “Search Again”
    • “Execute” Locator filter lets you run arbitrary commands in a shell from Qt Creator (“! <some command>”) (thanks to Yuchen Deng!)
    • Experimental plugin that shows “TODO” items from your sources (thanks to Dmitry Savchenko and Vasiliy Sorokin!)
    • Experimental plugin for autotools based projects (thanks to Patricia Santana Cruz and Openismus GmbH!)
    • Mac OS X Lion users will we happy to know that QTCREATORBUG-6222 which prevented adding some Qt Versions has finally been fixed
    • A very basic version of a C++ refactoring action that adds an #include for an unknown identifier has been added (move cursor on identifier, press Alt+Return (Option+Return on Mac OS X))
    • A very basic version of a C++ “extract method” refactoring action
    • Improved support of C++11 (nullptr, constexpr, static_assert, noexcept, inline namespaces, auto, lambdas)
    • Rearrange C++ method arguments (thanks to Bojan Petrovic!)
    • New hints and warnings for QML code, including an option to prevent them for specific lines (with a special comment)

Read rest of the blog post at the link above.

--
Bent Laursen
BentL

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
483 in 355 posts

PostPosted: Monday, 05.Sep.2016 13:16    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

The Qt SDK 1.2.1 can be downloaded from the following sites:

http://web.archive.org/web/20140630051436/http://jenkins.taulabs.org/d istfiles
http://n9.dy.fi/2015/08/install-qtsdk-1-2-1-with-the-offline-installer  /

--
Bent Laursen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian ^3, Anna & Belle All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Go to page
Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic