MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
SMS Storage - Limits (Motorola A925)...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 2.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lastninja
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
3 in 3 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: Motorola A920 / Motorola A925 / Nokia N900

PostPosted: Sunday, 31.May.2009 18:33    Post subject: SMS Storage - Limits (Motorola A925)...   Reply with quote   

One of the most wonderful things about the symbian phones have always been that theres no limit for maximum stored SMS...
It have been a really nice feature to be able to check out 100's of old SMS's right in the phone.

this is what ive always thought - that there is no limit... or atleast that the limit wont be reached until the internal storage memory is full...

now however... it seems that ive been wrong...
im (kinda) reaching a limit although i have 2mb free space...

in the Messaging storage i currently have:

SMS inbox: 702 sms
SMS sentbox: 322 sms
SMS drafts: 17 sms

MMS inbox: 5 mms (containing short audio clips)

and the phone is getting slower and slower for each sms now...
its really slow at the startup, and the phone is sluggish at all times and is buggy... of course its extra sluggish when handling the sms's and sometimes it dont even show up the contents.

this have happened before when the sms box was loaded with tons of SMS's - and it was followed by that the phone reset itself to factory condition and deleted all SMS/other contents...

so for those of u still using this old phone i want to bring out a warning...
dont forget to make backups, and if u want to save all your SMS's - then be prepared for the day when your phone will start behaving sluggish and buggy - and finally delete all your data... the numbers above will perhaps give u a indication of when to expect trouble...

PS. i have 52% free RAM and i havent installed any new applications on the phone for almost one year... so the sluggishness/buggyness cant be blamed on that... so the only apps that can be blamed for the buggyness are jotter and messaging
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 2.x All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic