MEEGO  SECTION
-My-MeeGo.com-
SOFTWARE STORECONTACT

My-Symbian.com Forums

My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo
Symbian & Linux based Communicator and Smartphone Info Center
The Oldest Symbian Community Website - Since 1999

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RulesRules   Log inLog in 
Lightweight, simplified version of the forumsMobile version
DivX Player: Problem & SOLUTION :-)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 2.x
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lastninja
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
3 in 3 posts
Thanks given: 0

Phone: Motorola A920 / Motorola A925 / Nokia N900

PostPosted: Wednesday, 12.Sep.2007 03:43    Post subject: DivX Player: Problem & SOLUTION :-)   Reply with quote   

for ppl who want to use the free divxplayer and suffers from the problem that divxplayer refuses to start, claiming it has expired... heres a trick to get it started anyway... (fully legal solution... no software modification)

PROBLEM: "DIVX PLAYER HAS EXPIRED"

SOLUTION: when u want to play videos, dont open the divx player... instead use SMAN or some other filebrowser and open the videos directly instead (they videos should automaticly be associated with the divxplayer by default after divxplayer is installed)...
the videofile (.avi) will open the player and bypass the "date-checking"

P.S. i found out this "trick" on a Motorola A925, and it worked succesfully...

P.S.2... i think theres a new version released now of the divx player... hopefully it dont "expires"... if it does and if this trick doesnt work on the new version u should try to get the old version instead... think its v0.83 that ive confirmed work with the trick...

download divxplayer: http://mobile.divx.com/mobile/ (account creation needed)
darnoc
My first post!
My first post!

Please add your avatar!

Thanks received:
0 in 0 posts

Phone: p910i

PostPosted: Friday, 30.Jan.2009 16:58    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

with me, i just back date the phone, then my divx player runs normal again. thats it. no more modification on the player. hope it works for everyone. Very Happy Mr. Green
lastninja
Site supporter
Site supporter

Thanks received:
3 in 3 posts

Phone: Motorola A920 / Motorola A925 / Nokia N900

PostPosted: Thursday, 28.May.2009 23:58    Post subject:   Reply with quote   

good - but the solution i gave dont modificate the player and theres no need to set dates, so with those 2 reasons in mind i prefer the solution i use

setting dates will "corrupt" the dates with the phoneapps (callhistory, smshistory, jotter, etc), so the trick i use will be better if logs/history is important as well

just use "sman filemanager" to open your movies, and its as simple as that, and then theres no need to set/corrupt dates Smile

PS. Welcome to the forum! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    My-Symbian ~ My-Maemo ~ My-MeeGo Forum Index -> Symbian OS UIQ 2.x All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic